Thumb Chair update

I was able to work on the thumb chair and it is progressing nicely.
The plans call for 1x12s for the seat and back but my local Home Depot never has
1x12s that arent warped so I glued two 1x6s for the back
and two 1x6s and a 1x2 for the seat.
The back all glued up.
I cut the seat and back to length on the tablesaw.
Safety first!
I try to involve my son whenever I can.
The seat back cut to length and width.
The back is cut at a 10 bevel to allow it to lean back.
I also cut the seat at the same level so that it would match up.
I used a 1/4" roundover bit on my router table to round the top of the seat.
I stopped it right before the seat back to make a cleaner joint.
I used my jigsaw to round the corners on the top of the seat back.
 This is post 2 of a 3 part series.
You can read part 1 here:
2013/01/lets-make-thumb-chair.html
and part 3 here:
2013/02/the-first-thumb-chair-is-done.html
?

Related Posts by Categories

0 comments:

Post a Comment