Ive Always Wanted To Make A Chair at least since summer

On Monday +Lee Valley Tools released their latest video from Woodworking in America. This one it titled, Whats The One Thing Youve Alchoices Wanted To Make? While I was initially disappointed I didnt make the video (Im in the two previous WIA videos), I realized it likely had to do with my project.
Making a chair seemed to be listed by about half those interviewed. Frankly, everyone else had a better description or explanation than I did.
It remains though - I do want to make a chair. Since reading Jeff Millers Chairmaking and Design over the summer Ive had building a chair stuck in my head.
In an attempt to nurture that chair Ive attended wonderful chair classes with Ejler Hjorth-Westh at WIA and even traveled to Atlanta to attend a class on chairmaking with Jeff himself.
Now all I need to do is decide on a design and get to work. While the chair supposed to be a 2013 project, I am closer and more ready than Ive ever been. By the end of 2014 I should be able to write these posts form the comfort of my own chair.
Dont forget about the +Modern Woodworkers Association Podcast. We talk woodworking with Guests from around the world of woodworking every other week. Subscribe to the RSS feed or iTunes today.

Related Posts by Categories

0 comments:

Post a Comment