Happy Birthday To Me

Happy Birthday to me ... !!!
As a birthday treat to myself I have purchased a few more goodies from Axminster tools.
So what are we looking at here:
Stanley No#6 Fore Plane
DMT Diamond Stones
Veritas MkII Honing Guide
Joseph Marples Mortice & Marking Gauge
Axminster Marking Gauge
Joseph Marples 75mm Square
and lastly just out of shot a Japanese Marking knife.
Unfortunately, the room I will be setting up as a workshop isnt ready and has to be decorated first (sometime next week), so until then I have been sharpening tools and messing about with offcuts of wood etc.
The DMT Stones and Veritas honing guide are amazing and I can sharpen chisels and plane blades to razor sharpness very quickly. The 2 3/8" No#6 Plane Blade is a bit awkward to sharpen on the 2" wide stones but I managed fine.
More soon ...

Related Posts by Categories

0 comments:

Post a Comment